Sea Palm Seaweed
- Brand: Green Hills Natural Foods
- Availability: In Stock
Sea palm also known as the Postelsia, (not to be confused with the southern sea palm) or palm seaweed, is a genus of kelp and classified within brown algae. There is only one species, Postelsia found along the western coast of North America, on rocky shores with constant waves. It is one...
Sea palm also known as the Postelsia, (not to be confused with the southern sea palm) or palm seaweed, is a genus of kelp and classified within brown algae. There is only one species, Postelsia found along the western coast of North America, on rocky shores with constant waves. It is one of the few algae that can survive and remain erect out of the water; in fact it spends most of its life cycle exposed to the air. It is an annual, and edible, though harvesting of the alga is discouraged
- Empowering immune system function, they have been credited with increasing energy, improving general well-being and accelerating wound healing.*
- Sea palm maximize the body's metabolism and anti-aging defenses. They also possess anti-inflammatory effects and help in the treatment of certain skin conditions.*
- Sea Palm contains minerals like zinc, boron, tin, selenium, chromium, antimony and bismuth, which are missing in modern food. An unusual amount of full spectrum vitamins, including E, A, C and B12 are also present in sea food. Certain enzymes and the full range of essential amino acids are found in these vegetables.*.
- They are stores of magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins, and Vitamin K and plant compounds called lignans. They are also a rich source of iodine, a mineral which promotes healthy thyroid function and contains carbohydrate-like substances which has anti-inflammatory properties.*
- Sea Palm may also helps in eliminating toxins and heavy metals from the body, shrink goiters, cysts and tumors, helps in weight management, controls thyroid levels and reduces water retention.*
- Sea palm help in reducing the cholesterol levels and other benefits such as lowering the risk of estrogen-related breast cancer in women.*.
A rare and tender treasure of the sea, its unusual flexibility allows it to thrive in treacherous locations; could it impart such flexibility to those who eat it. Sea Palm is delicious and can be eaten right out of the bag. Enjoy it with noodles, stir fries, in salad or as a toasted condiment.
Ingredients: Sea palm
Macrobiotic, Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free
Country of Origin - USA
Storage: Store sea vegetables in their zip top bags or other air-tight containers in cool, dry cupboard and away from sunlight.
Shelf Life: Dried sea vegetables will maintain their flavor for at least a year, but likely much longer.
Packaged in a facility that also uses tree nut, soy, wheat and milk.
Product of USA
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.