- Brand: Green Hills Natural Foods
- Availability: In Stock
Stone Ground Organic No Preservatives or Artificial Ingredients. High in Fiber – 12g per Serving 100% All-Natural 11g Protein per serving NON-GMO What is Rye Flour? Rye flour is the powder milled from whole rye berries or grains from rye grass. Rye is very prevalent in Europe, and is still...
No Preservatives or Artificial Ingredients.
High in Fiber – 12g per Serving
11g Protein per serving
What is Rye Flour?
Rye flour is the powder milled from whole rye berries or grains from rye grass. Rye is very prevalent in Europe, and is still to this day the most popular flour used in Germany. It was brought to Europe from Asia during prehistoric times and used widely during the Middle Ages as a bread and alcohol grain.
Rye flour is more commonly used as a flavoring element in recipes with wheat flour rather than a significant component of the final product.
Is rye bread healthy? It’s actually one of the healthiest grains in the world! Some of the most impressive health benefits of rye flour are its ability to help fight against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, weight gain, cancer, inflammation and high blood pressure.
Rye Flour vs. Wheat Flour
- Rye flour has much higher concentrations of free proline, an essential amino acid to build proteins, than wheat flour.
- Wheat promotes a higher insulin response in the body compared to rye, so the body tends to store more fat if ingesting wheat more regularly than rye.
- Rye contains more soluble fibers than wheat, sometimes as much as three times the amount as white-wheat breads.
- Rye and rye bran has one of the highest concentrations of lignans compared to wheat and other grains.
- Rye breads contain 20 percent less calories than white wheat bread.
INGREDIENT: Organic Rye
|Serving Size 102g (3.6oz)
Serving per Container: 2.6
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.6 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0.2 g||1%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0.2 g|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 2 mg||0%|
|Potassium 381.5 mg||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 77 g||25%|
|Dietary fiber 12 g||48%|
|Sugar 1.1 g|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Vitamin A||0%||Vitamin C||0%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||15%|
|*Per cent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
Product of USA
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Packaged in a facility that also uses tree nut, soy, wheat and milk.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. Refrigeration recommended in warm climates.